Frequently Asked Questions
How does this all work?!
- Well, quite simply really! We make a different meal each week (say one week lasagne, the next a curry). You can buy a one off meal or a weekly subscription; where you get a meal on the same day each week (until you pause / skip or cancel).
- How many people do they feed?
You have two options; 'feed your family (4 adults) or 'dinner for two'. If you need more food; you can add a special side or a dessert.
- How long will a Good Meal last before it needs to be eaten? A couple of days at least! So you can order for Wednesday, dinner on Friday!
- Is it easy to prepare at home? Yes (in short), we are mindful that it's your night off corking but to avoid unnecessary packaging we sometimes ask you to roll and grill flat bread (easy / fun) or cook rice, the most it will take is 45 minutes like for a slide into oven lasagne / shepherd’s pie but worry, we’ll provide instructions
- What does a Good Meal cost? $74 for family sized feed or $46 for dinner for two. $5 off when you order a weekly subscription.
- Is this good value? Yes! (we think, but that’s one for you to decide). We try to make the meals nourishing and generous but buying from smaller ethical farmers costs more.
- What day do you deliver to my area? Jump over here to take a look : )
- What if I’m not home when you deliver? Easy, leave out a esky / fridge bag.
- Are the meals child friendly? Some more than others and you’ll know what your children will eat but where a meal would normally be spicy, we’ll make it mild and provide you with chilli / herbs etc to give it some kick for the adults : )
- How does the subscription work? You will receive a different meal each week on the day of your original order with the meal and dietary selections you made for the first week (i.e. with meat, gluten free). You can change the meal selection / dietary any time (through your subscriber login / emailing us).
- What if I don’t need a meal on any particular week, can I change? Yes of course : ) you can pause, cancel or skip at any time. You’ll get an email on Friday afternoon with info on the next weeks meal and you have until Sunday afternoon to make any changes.
- You have a reusable container, what’s that all about?! It’s called a tiffin; like those you might have seen in India – a stackable stainless steel vessel that entirely cut out any packaging waste for your Good Meal. Pretty damn fabulous, we think! We call it ‘The Good Tiffin’. Take a look here : )
- How does The Good Tiffin work? It’s like the old school milk delivery – you leave out the tiffin and we swap over when we deliver your meal in the tiffin. Simple!
- Does the Good Tiffin cost me anything to use? Yes. We ask for a one-time payment – a lifetime membership - $80 - to help cover our cost (given we need to buy two tiffins per user). If you wish to discontinue receiving Good Meals in reusable, you can return it and we’ll return your $80.
- Can I receive my meal in a reusable container if I’m not a subscriber? Yes, we just ask that you return the container to us (either at our kitchen or our return hubs in Juc, Belmont, BH or Grove) so that we can keep them in circulation, cutting even more packaging waste!